TEAM MARRIAGE!

This year my husband Vincent and I celebrated 27 years married and 31 years together. What a blessing. People ask me all the time, "What's your secret?" Well, I don't know how secretive it is, but I'll tell you what I've learned so far. Marriage is a TEAM Effort. The essence of which begins with WHY- Why are we here? The GOAL- Where are we going? Then comes the STRATEGY-  How will we get there? Over the years, my husband and I have learned to "Play our Positions." Just as in any sport, organization or company, each player/member has a position or role with specific duties associated. After completing my BA Degree in 1998 (4.0 with 2 school aged children and a husband, thank you!); I decided that homeschooling would be best for our children. I decided I was going to be a full time homemaker-homeschooling mom. After my husband's shock wore off (several months later), he was right on board! He would bring in the money & resources and I would run the house and raise & educate the children. Socially, it wasn't a popular decision. I was judged harshly and even disrespected by some. If I had a nickle for everytime someone said "Oh, you don't work!" or "Why don't you get a job?" But I played my position, and so did my husband. Even through the many, many trying times we had with finances, marriage issues, family, we stood our ground and played our positions. Even through marital separation(x2) and reconciliation, we played our positions. We remained a TEAM through it all because our GOAL was that our children be raised by a Mother AND A Father who put them first. Who sacrificed to give them the enriching life experiences that have guided them into adulthood. Our daughter and son are incredible individuals today, forging their own paths in the world because We Played Our Positions. And we continue to this very day, only now our goal is to explore life as a couple, growing in love and honor for one another. 

Visit DynamicMomEnterprises.com for more inspiration!      

Comments